So, you thought the hard work you did to teach your kids about money was working perfectly, until suddenly it wasn’t any more.
The piggy bank was great. Share, Save, Spend jars worked just fine… for a while.
But now you have a teenager. And everything is falling apart.
We know how you feel. In one 24-hour period this past week one of our kids ran out of gas in the pouring rain, left his lights on and killed the battery dead AND forgot his uniform for a cross country meet. Teens are a wreck.
BUT, the good news is, you don’t need to be having money troubles with them as well!
Does it feel like you have the same money arguments every day?
“What do you mean you need a new pair of jeans?”
“I’ve told you three times, I can’t buy you an iPad”
“No you can’t have another $20. You haven’t paid me back from last week!”
Imagine an end to these arguments because your kids have nothing to argue about.
Believe it or not, this is possible…
- You CAN have kids who understand how to manage money.
- You CAN have kids who aren’t constantly coming to your for cash.
- You CAN have kids who know how to keep a budget.
- You CAN have kids who appreciate your generosity.
- Your kids WILL be prepared for financial success and able to move out on their own – They won’t be living in your basement when they’re 30!
There’s one simple tool every parent can use to accomplish this.
The best part is when used properly, it costs parents nothing. What is this miracle tool??
We’re talking about an allowance.
We’ve put together a 3-week webinar series that explains how to use an allowance as a training tool. The course will guide you to help your kids understand and manage their own finances. Once kids are in charge of their money, there’s no reason for them to argue with you about it.
Here’s what you get:
- 3 hour-long webinars (one per week) – We’ll give you a step-by-step guide to teaching your children how to manage their budget and stop spending all of yours.
- Worksheets and templates to help you along with the process.
- 3 hour-long Q&A sessions (one per week) – This is where you get chance to pick our brains and the brains of other parents in the group.
- Unlimited email access throughout the 3 weeks – Personalized attention to keep you moving forward.
We know what you’re thinking – another webinar, right? Who has time for a webinar? We’re going to stop you right there. This isn’t your average pre-recorded webinar. For starters, this is going to be live, interactive and FUN!
To top it off you’re going to get the two of us; straight-laced, financial Bret and “Queen of the One-Liners” Tracie. Two minds for the price of one! Because, let’s face it, moms and dads tend to look at these issues differently. And if you think you don’t have time, trust us, this process will only save you time and headaches in the future. You cannot afford not to take the time to do this. Besides, you’ll have access to replays of all of the webinars until November 1, so you really have no excuse!
So let’s break this down. Here’s what the program will look like:
We start at the very beginning so we’re all on the same page. We’ll define what an allowance is, how it works and how to make it work with your family budget, whatever that may be.
Here we’ll teach you how to communicate with your kids about their allowance. You’ll learn to teach them to keep track of their money, and how to move to electronic payment, using online tools to track expenses. We’ll make sure you take small steps to avoid costly mistakes and how to know when you’re ready to give your kids more responsibility. By the end of this class your kids will be well on their way to financial independence!
Moving from allowance to independence. This is where you’ll learn to help your older teens manage larger budget categories like auto expenses, how to handle money from jobs, and how to save for college. Most importantly, you’ll learn how and when to wean them off the allowance so they are ready for the real world.
This entire series will reinforce independence and responsibility. It will ensure your teen can be happy because they’re in charge and doing it right. You won’t have to worry about your child’s financial future.
And in case you just can’t get enough of us, you will also receive these bonuses:
- Immediate access to a pre-recorded budgeting class for parents – if you don’t understand the basics of budgeting yourself, you may want to take this class beforehand. Your kids will never know the difference and we promise we won’t tell them. 😉
- Additional 1 hour Q&A at the conclusion of the program – because we know that the biggest questions tend to come as soon as the program is over!
- Access to a pre-recorded discussion with other teens about saving – what to do with short and long term savings (for kids). This is a recording we did with our own kids for kids.
You don’t have to sign up for the course. There are no parenting police. We’re not going to come and find you if you don’t invest in your family right now.
You’re more than welcome to continue to listen to kids whine and ask for money.
You’re more than welcome to bail your kids out every time they make a financial mistake.
And you’re than welcome to have them live in your basement forever.
But if you don’t want any of these, if you want to learn a different way, then we’d love to have you join us.
We still need a few more days to put the finishing touches on everything and do a bit more testing on our technical systems.
If you’re interested, please fill out this form and then watch your inbox, you will get an email from us on Sunday with all of the registration details.
Bret & Tracie
PS: And if you’ve already been receiving info on the course over the past week, there’s no need to sign up again because you’re already on our list!