Our most basic program for teaching kids the basics of money management, 15/15/15 is composed of 15 daily tips that will take an average of 15 minutes to complete. All for the sweet price of $15!
- Setting Goals – because every kid loves to set goals, right?
- Credit v Debit Cards – how to use, and not ABUSE, plastic
- Goal Charts – kids are visual, make their goals look cool!
- Grocery Store v Restaurant – how much does it cost to have someone else prepare your food?
- Choosing a Checking Account – even teens have options.
- Principles of Interest – turning coffee drinks into early retirement
There’s a lot of material here in the archives at the Allowance Academy – this course gets you started on a logical path, starting with some easy topics, and moving on to some more advanced ideas. You can complete this in 15 days, or you can go in-depth and do one or two exercises per week, as your schedule allows. You’ll find some downloadables, a few videos, and even some exercises to get you and your kid out “in the real world” experiencing some financial education goodness.
This course is self-study and delivered via email. Of course, you have a community supporting you along the way – if you have any questions, just leave a note in the comment question for the exercise you’re on and you’ll get help from the Allowance Academy crew, and other members as well.
This is $15 that can start you and your kid on a financial path that’s going to yield awesome rewards in the future. What are you waiting for?